[TR] Rack & pinion conversions for TR3's???

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:41:56 MDT 2009

Loumetelko at aol.com wrote:
> Teriann:
>  for as you are
>  aware the rack & pinion is the top of the slippery slope that leads to a
> host of other needless modifications.

Oh golly!  I'm well down that slippery slope when I rebuilt the car
almost 20 years ago.  Things like stainless steel brake lines, finned
magnesium diff cover, front sway bar, competition springs, nitrided
crank, cam, 87mm pistons, ARP bolts, modified oil pump, oil cooler,
45DCOE's, four tube header, TR4A cylinder head that is shaved and
polished and has oversize valves, modified valve train. Motoleta
steering wheel, TR4 overdrive gearbox. TR2 exhaust system behind the
four tube header, finned aluminum deep oil pan, finned aluminum valve
cover with genuine Mooneyes breather, narrow fan belt conversion,
electric fan, alternator, geared starter and since mid august a pair of
steel trumpet Marchelle air horns from the '60's for that V12 Ferrari
horn sound.

Coming soon, a Salisbury limited slip diff and LED lighting.

I had a added a rebuilt steering box with new gears back in the late
1980's and have never liked the steering.  Someone doing a restoration
might find my steering  box very desirable considering how new the worm
and peg are.

Except for the steering wheel and PL700 headlamps she looks totally
stock as long as I don't pop the bonnet or push the start button.

I guess you might call the slippery slope a slalom.

Teriann