[TR] Suggestions OD oil

THOMAS FANSHER tfansher at comcast.net
Fri Oct 2 09:12:52 MDT 2009

Fred, sorry to take so long to get back, but I wanted to get my observations
(if not facts) straight.

I was talking to Jere Dotten in our club a few months ago after rebuilding
the tranny in the Stag, his comment was that 90 weight gear oil is about the
same viscosity of 30 weight motor oil.  That made sense to me. I use Red
Line MTF in the TR3 and TR4- I just looked at the bottle - 70-80 weight.
I have 80-90 weight gear oil in the Stag.
90 differential oil in the diff.
Tom