[TR] headlight trim rings TR3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Nov 26 22:08:34 MST 2009

> Is there really a removal tool or are you being fishesus?

Supposed to be in the factory tool kit, as I recall.  At any rate, I
certainly have one that I made myself.  Flat strip of metal perhaps 4-5"
long and 1/2" wide, with one end turned up into a lip that can be forced
between the bottom of the trim ring & the gasket between it and the body.  A
sideways tug will lever the tab out of the clip, so the ring can be removed.

ISTR I'm still using the one I made from an old hacksaw blade (with the
teeth ground off), but I've read that an IO port cover from a PC will work.

And yes, I do have to use the other end of it to install the trim rings.  If
I try to just bang them into place, the tab bends instead of going through
the "teeth" on the clips.

Randall