[TR] J.A. Pearce Magna wheels for sale

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 12:42:20 MST 2009

I had a set of 13" JAP Magna wheels that came on my Europa (Spitfire pattern).  In that 3.75" bolt pattern, the holes were a bit too close to the big countersink on the back side of the wheel.  All of these wheels were cracked from the bolt holes to the center hole.  Even so, a Lotus guy in California jumped at them when I told him I wanted 100 bucks each, just to get him to stop asking.  Since I think they are magnesium, I don't know who he will get to repair them.  I was very clear that the wheels were being sold not to be driven on without repair.

I expect these in the TR size (4.5") to be a lot stronger in that regard.  I also think they might fit 240Z cars.

In any case, they are gorgeous, beautifully period, and could be a real bargain.  I'd snap them up myself, but Sue insists upon wire wheels for her TR4.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L
1979 Caterham 7
1994 Miata C-package
2004 Suburban 8.1