[TR] OT: Frame Paint

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Tue Nov 24 20:10:49 MST 2009

I'm looking for something a little more immediate.

I have a 2004 truck and it has some surface rust on the frame in the rear.  Hey, this is Minnesota.  Factory frame paint seems very temporary hereabouts.  I don't care what it looks like down there, and it would take a lot of rust to make any difference, but I'd like to do something to keep the salt off it's proverbial back.

I don't have a lot of time here, and I don't think I can buy Waxoyl locally.

How about I get a whole bunch of cans of silicone spray and let it soak in to the rust?

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L
1979 Caterham 7
1994 Miata C-package
2004 Suburban 8.1