[TR] car club meetings

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 20 18:33:15 MST 2009

sorry to say i haven't been attending our british car group meetings for the past two years due to both cars being out of commission.  Our group has been meeting once a month (first monday of the month) and we hardly describe ourselves as a "club".  It's much too informal.  We have no officers.  Once a month a self appointed "organizer" (its been the same person for years)  sends out an email to all members (aroung 50) announcing where we meet.  Usually a well known parking lot.  We than caravan to a restuarant, usually 20 to 30 miles away, have something to eat, visit then maybe drive some place else for ice cream then home.  tech stuff can be discussed informally..........women are usually always along.  we have a christmas party as well as a leaf tour.  The leaf tour is usually a day long affair.  Many informal drives are planned on the spur of the moment.  No one is interested in having a formal club which meets for planned programs and it seems to
 work for us.  The attitude seems to be driving.  It's also a multi marque club with mostly  british.

gary n.