[TR] Car club meetings

jimmuller at rcn.com jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri Nov 20 09:56:47 MST 2009

Bob Danielson wrote:
> 1. a die hard cliquey core group of members

I was once member of a regional Triumph club.  I participated whenever time permitted, but as there wasn't much of it I let my membership lapse.  Then I attended a Triumph-focused meet at a local auto museum and considered re-joining.  It happened that one reasonably frequent member of this very TR email list was an active club member, perhaps a club officer, and present at the meet.  So to meet club members and to attach a face to a TR email list member Sharon and I went up to him and introduced outselves.  His response was to look at me with a bored expression and say "So what?"  Or perhaps it was just "So?"  Needless to say, we never went back.

Those of you familiar with the part of world I live in may recognize some of the details.  That person's name still shows up here occasionally and I have been told he is actually a nice guy.
--
Jim Muller
'70 GT6+