[TR] boot/bonett hinges

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 17:06:20 MST 2009

Taking apart my tr-3 resulted in my throwing the 4 hinges together in a box.  Now i'm having trouble telling them apart.  I noticed in the Moss catalogue that the boot and bonett hinges have differant part numbers so i assume they're differant fitting.  I find they look the same as far as bold holes spacing.  I did find that inside one hinge had the numbers 4344 LH and 4348 RH.  Another hinge had numbers 4346 RH and 4350 LH with the remaining two hinges having no numbers anywhere.  I can't figure out why a hinge would have two numbers and another hinge have nothing at all.

I'm not sure how to tell the hinges apart, maybe just trial and error.  If anyone has experience or information it would help.

thanks

gary n.