[TR] Guys - contact me before bidding on Tr-man items on eBay

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 9 10:13:27 MST 2009

I think this is one of the great reasons for the list.
Our reproduction parts
are made mainly in Asia because they are the only one's who will make small
quantity runs at a reasonable price. But along with that comes occasional poor
quality. And we need to keep each other informed when a really bad batch comes
along.
And then there are the individuals who do not act like gentlemen. And
we donbt need to keep our hurt limited to the big 3.
I worked with Bob
Danielson a couple of years ago and did some custom CNC machine work for him.
With his encouragement I started to make miscellaneous parts for triumphs. One
was a fuel pump blank off plate for the TR3/4 motors. None had ever been made
before. It took careful measuring, machining, re-measuring and fine tuning,
before finally going into production.
I sold them on eBay and made a little
money. Probably a few hundred bucks.
So this one guy buys one from me
(charger440rt). And a week later he is selling them on eBay for 5.00 less than
me.
When I suggested to him nicely that this was not gentlemanly behavior he
wrote back with a nasty abusive email and threatened to sue me!
He is still
trying to sell my design. What aB bum he is.
he also sells other triumph
related stuff, and i often wonder where he steals those parts from.
Letbs
not let cads off easily. I say we tell it like it is.
Frank
B B