[TR] question on top bit

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun May 31 22:51:06 MDT 2009

> one of the metal hooks on the top of the windshield frame
> (the one that hooks to the top) is missing.B B how can i replace it?

Normally, they just screw in.  However, if the threads are damaged, I'm not
sure what options are available without having to disassemble the frame.

One possibility _might_ be TRF P/N 553837, which is a Tenax peg that goes
all the way through and has a head on the other side.  But you'd have to
drill some holes mighty carefully to avoid cracking the glass, and I still
don't know if it can be installed with the glass in place.

If you find a solution, please share it.  I have one hole with stripped
threads on my project TR3.

Randall