[TR] Spit: 2 dumb discoveries, 1 to go?

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sat May 30 19:05:43 MDT 2009

I sent this before but it probably got stopped by the size filter.
So here is part one:

On 30 May 2009 at 18:40, Tim Gaines wrote:

> ...Car has since pulled to the right UNTIL the brakes
> are applied; dragging I figured... Bled lines
> again with EZ-bleed but no change.

At first glance it doesn't sound like brakes, but do keep reading!
In the meantime, is your front suspension okay?  And the rear too?

> Decided to take calipers off the wheels but leave them attached
> hydraulically for a little drive to see if the pulling persisted.

Wow.  I've done some dumb things in my life but I don't think I've
ever intentionally driven with the brakes detached.  Not that I'm
passing judgment or anything, mind you...

> ... So I put it back and rebled the lines.  At that point the
> brake pedal would go to the floor with no resistance... There
> was no leaking of fluid at any of the 4 wheels.

Are you SURE there is no leaking?  And the fluif level in the MC is
not going down?  Then your MC isn't generating any pressure in the
line, or you still have so much air in the line that compressing the
air offers no change in how it feels.

When you bleed the brakes, do you see fluif come out??  On all four
wheels?
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com