[TR] Facet Electric Fuel Pump

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at charter.net
Fri May 29 20:12:22 MDT 2009

At 06:48 PM 5/29/2009, terryrs at comcast.net wrote:

>Thanks, Jeff. That's interesting. Installation instructions don't
>say anything about putting a fuel filter in.

I bought my 40105 from Aircraft
Spruce...  <http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/facetpumps.php>

The instructions that came with the pump mention that a #479735
filter is required...I knew to order that when I got the pump, but I
can't remember how I knew.  I recall either on the ordering page, or
somewhere in the fine print, that the warranty would be void if you
didn't put in their filter.

Could be a piece of grit got caught in there?  I don't know how
susceptible they are to that kind of stuff.  Mine is in-line, but not
operating as a rule.  So far, the filter hasn't clogged that I can tell.

Cheers,
Jeff