[TR] Bonnets, was Re: vote criterion

McGaheyRx at aol.com McGaheyRx at aol.com
Tue May 26 08:28:51 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/26/2009 9:44:56 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
standardtriumph at btinternet.com writes:

When I  see a row of highly polished cars with the bonnets and trunk lids
open, I  usually walk the
other way thinking about dead sharks

This has been a very enlightening thread for me.
I like looking at cars with bonnets up - its intensely interesting to me to
 see things like the TR6 with 6 motorcycle carbs on it at The VTR South
Central  Regional and the TR4 with EFI running thru 2 SUs I saw at The
Gathering.  I saw Richard Good's oil seperator on 2 or 3 different  TR6s at The
South Central Regional - I'd never seen that before. There were  several TR6s
with original AC systems - took a really close look at those to see  if they
looked like mine and discovered they all had 1 part I'm missing. I  know
these cars look like with the bonnets down - if they hadn't had them up, I
would have missed seeing all this neat stuff and, in some cases might have
missed the ensuing conversations with the owners - and I'm only talking about 2
 shows in April!   Consequently, it would be very rare for me to  vote for
a car with bonnet closed - I had no idea so many people (any, actually)
felt otherwise.
Participants choice shows are great occasions for seeing cars, socializing
and so on, but I think we've demonstrated that the awards are really
popularity  contests that don't mean very much - since we all vote for what we
like or what  strikes out fancy on that particular day.

Cheers,
Jack Mc
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377034x1201454326/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=