[TR] Radiator Duct

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Fri May 22 07:12:10 MDT 2009

> Anyone have a longer term (read "forever") solution making this out of
another
> material?

I made one for the TR3 racecar from 2024-T3 aircraft aluminum alloy. It came
from Charlie Vogelsong at Dillsburg Aeroplane Works.

I laid the old shroud on the sheet and traced around it with a Sharpie, then
cut it out using a nibbler and aviation snips. I actually made it in three
pieces, held together with small bolts/fiber lock nuts.

After lots of filing, trial fitting, and bending, it came out beautifully. I
painted the front body color, but polished the back.

John H.