[TR] clutch input needed

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed May 20 12:51:55 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/20/2009 1:22:28 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

"Does  the engagement point of the pedal also go lower?  That is, when
taking
off from a stop, is the pedal closer to the floor when the clutch  engages?

Also, is that point really close to the  floor?"

Actually the disengagement point seems to go closer to the floor (trying to
 push the pedal through the floor) but the engagement point does not seem
to be  closer to the floor coming back up.

"If the answer to both is "no", I would look for a warped  clutch disc or a
dragging pilot bearing, or missing alignment  dowels."

Alignment dowels are absolutely there.  I like the warped disc  theory.
Will it warp upon being overheated and then return to its original  shape
when
cool?  I did not replace the pressure plate or disc when I had  the
motor/tranny out as they looked to be serviceable for quite some time.

I put in a "modern" rear seal and the %^&*# thing is leaking so I am  going
to pull the tranny anyway.  I have gotten quite good at it over the  years!

Thanks

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop: Now in 6 vibrant colors! Shop Dellbs
full line of laptops.
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222399266x1201456865/aol?redir=http
:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215073777%3B3703434
3%3Bf)