[TR] vote criterion

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed May 20 12:17:04 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/20/2009 10:52:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
Loumetelko at aol.com writes:
> Personally I will never vote for a car with the bonnet closed!  Being  a
> confirmed Concours freak, I look for "correctness" and the last thing is
> the
> owners name on the placard to refrain from "friends" voting.

I don't vote for cars which have closed bonnets, either.  If it ain't open
there must be a reason.  In concours the thing that makes the difference
between the winners and the runners-up is engine bay and undercarriage
preparation.  I use the same criteria in Pop Choice.

And anything but an originality freak so I don't care for correctness but I
do look for execution, finish and maintenance.  If someone has engineered
his own "something" and done an admirable job of it, it will garner points
with me.

I once schmoozed and lobbied and wound up winning a second place when I
really deserved a third.  I felt remorse after that so I don't engage in that
kind of activity anymore.

Dave