[TR] TR6 Oil Plug washer

Michael Ferguson tr3a at comcast.net
Tue May 19 10:45:41 MDT 2009

Interesting. I didn't even think about the possible difference between
Bud's TR6 and my '3A. That said, I just took a look at mine and while
the sump that's on the engine has a steel pipe threaded plug, it also
has a copper washer (just as I remembered from my first '3A back in
the 60's).

I have a spare sump, which I assumed was identical, but it has a brass
(bronze?) plug with standard threads and no washer (though that could
have been lost - no idea where the spare sump came from). There's more
than enough room for a washer on either one.