[TR] TR3 distributor orientation

LT llst at shaw.ca
Mon May 18 22:58:45 MDT 2009

Replaced the head gasket today and started reinstalling some of the
other components.

Thanks Jim, Tony and Doug for your thoughts on the head gasket
replacement. I wish I would have thought of retorqing the head before I
decided to pull it.

Anyway, found that the distributor dropped onto the oil pump shaft slot
in only one orientation. Looks like it should be able to mate up if it
is rotated 180 however it does not.

The reason I ask is I appear to be 180 out when on TDC of the
compression stroke.

I did disassemble the distributor to look at and lubricate the innards
and am wondering if I put something back together 180 out.

Too tired to take it apart and check so has anyone run across this?

Larry