[TR] [stag] TTA Stag Status - May 17 - Exquisite!

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Mon May 18 11:37:36 MDT 2009

Ladies and Gentlemen of the ISOA,

Exquisite!

A car, a Triumph Stag, starting over one year ago that went from fully
assembled pile of rusted and dented parts, through complete nut and bolt
disassembly, to individual part restoration, to full nut and bolt
assembly concours restoration - all occurring right at my initial
estimate of 66 weekends.

Yes, weekends!!

Astounding, absolutely astounding.

Not at all for my insignificant time estimate by any means, but simply
astounded at the sheer drive, dedication and commitment of an
outstanding group of Triumph enthusiasts to step forward for such a
cause as this, giving up most all of their weekends over the past 14
months to accomplish this quality restoration for a charitable cause.

This cause of course is to drive this wonderfully restored Triumph Stag
across North America - 12,000 miles in about 3 months, promoting
awareness for the infliction named - Post Traumatic Stress Disorder -
PTSD, and promote action to provide diagnosis, aid and support to those
afflicted both directly and indirectly from this syndrome.

The Stag Triumph Trans America (restoration) Group - STTAG- lead by Joe
Pawlak of ISOA should be very proud of your accomplishments. Over the
next 4 months, Illinois Sports Owners Association - ISOA name, acronym
and members will become synonymous with the theme and goal of this
charity drive, that of seeing a need, identifying the goal, and not only
accomplishing the task, but going far beyond the call.

To you fine upstanding people (okay, so you don't get that too often),
the ladies and gentlemen of the Illinois Sports Owners Association, I
express my sincere thanks and appreciation for your labors. This is a
great thing you have all accomplished, a really great thing.

And to all the fine people who contributed money toward accomplishing
this end, my thanks to you also. This unselfish support from so many
Triumph enthusiasts enabled us to purchase the Stag and begin this
undertaking. If these generous people, including representatives of the
12 host clubs supporting the drive can attend the informal unveiling the
last weekend of May in Illinois, we would love to shake your hand in
appreciation.

As a reminder, and for the Official kickoff of the Triumph Trans
American Charity Drive 2009, John Macartney turns the key on this
Charity Drive and engages the clutch at the Holly Hills Florida Office
of Grass Roots MotorSports at 915 Ridgewood Avenueat the corner of
Ridgewood Avenue (US-1) and 9th Street, two blocks south of LPGA Blvd,
Saturday, 27 June, 2009.
see http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/events/open-house/
I have not been able to register for the event on the Grass Roots web
site and it appears others cannot either, so just show up!

Now the tweaking of the STTAG begins for the next 4 weeks.

See you all in Florida!

Sincere Regards,

--
Glenn Merrell
North American Coordinator, TTA Charity Drive 2009
mailto:StagByTriumph at triumphstagclub.org