[TR] Triumph TransAmerica Stag - first day of on-road testing

Ann and Tim Buja thebujas at comcast.net
Mon May 18 00:32:20 MDT 2009

We took Uncle Jack out for a drive today.  Visit the TTA website
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk/
for a brief account of the work we performed this weekend.

The TTA site also has a link to a 56 second YouTube video of the results of
all of our efforts.  You may also view it directly from this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b-eCEAbYnQ

We need help with the power steering - we're not getting any power assist.
We rebuilt the pump today and found nothing internally that was obviously
wrong.

If you've rebuilt a Saginaw P/S pump, does the arrow on the outside of the
eccentric casing go toward the rear (hose side) or the front (pulley side)
of the pump housing?  Does the arrow correspond to the rotation direction or
does it have some other meaning?  We installed the arrow so that it was on
the rear of the pump casing.

Tim Buja