[TR] TR4 carpet installation details

Geo Hahn ahwahnee18 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 12:33:36 MDT 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 11:01 AM, <dmericas at austin.rr.com> wrote:

> Are there any attachments to the floor pieces under the seats and the front
> edge of the "rear seat" carpet?

Again -- I can only describe what is on my TR4 so if someone knows different
they'll say.

The carpet under the seats is held in place by way of being under the
bolted-down seat tracks.

The carpet in the footwell is held at the rear by snaps at each corner (i.e.
2 per side).

That footwell carpet is held at its top end by metal clips, two on each
carpet piece (I don't think you're a fully initiated TR owner until you've
caught a finger in one of those clips). I do not see those clips in the Moss
catalog and do not know if they are available.

I do not use the snaps on the front carpet as I have the original layer of
jute pad and a layer of foil-backed insulation making the whole thing too
thick for the stock snaps.  I did not pull the carpet out to see if there
were more snaps (I do not recall others) but the 2 pairs on the rear edge
were easy to look at and confirm.