[TR] Carlisle Import

John Herrera jrherrera90 at hotmail.com
Sun May 17 11:54:23 MDT 2009

> I'm going tomorrow (Saturday).
>

> John H.

Well, the best laid plans...

Left at about 9:00 a.m. in Dale, the old red Chevy truck with a friend. Had to
jump-start Dale. Took Dale instead of a car in order to pick up an engine from
Wirewheel for my friend.

On I-81 North, the battery light began to glow. The voltage dropped lower and
lower so we exited and went north on Rt. 11, looking for an AutoZone or
something. I figgered a new battery would get us there even if the alternator
was toast. Dale quit in front of a Honda dealer. After a new overpriced
alternator AND battery from the dealer, paid for by my friend, we continued up
I-81 until Dale quit again. Felt like he just ran out of gas even though the
gauge read half full.

Dale shook as the semis raced by two feet from him. Long story short; Good
Samaritan, gas can, roll-back ride home, bottom line Hayes Harris still has
the engine and is probably back in Vero Beach by now.

Hayes offered to load the engine into Dale on the shoulder of I-81. Considered
it for a while. Thought better of it.

Bummer.

John H.