[TR] TR3 Air Filters

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun May 17 06:26:29 MDT 2009

>I have run across pictures on web showing cars with a band of filter
>foam wrapped around the stock TR3 air filters. It looks like a good
>idea, but I haven't figured out where to buy the foam filter material.
>Any suggestions?

For several months I ran my stock TR3 air filters with an oilsoaked foam wrap
as you describe, Mike.B  Maybe it's because I drove every day, or because my
driveway is three hundred yards long and dirt, but the next time I pulled the
air filters, I actually wiped grit with my finger from the intake inlet just
in front of the piston.

Imagine that getting into your engine.B  Switched immediately to paper
filters.

Your experience may vary and all that.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New Hampshire