[TR] The time has come... TR3 back from Body Shop

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sat May 16 23:48:58 MDT 2009

Carl,

Was just in your shoes a few months ago after waiting 15 months for the body
& paint work.  I have never heard of anyone powder coating the body, only
the chassis, I am very interested to know how it comes out as I would be
afraid the heat would warp the body metal.

I had my chassis all fitted out, complete engine (no carbs or radiator) &
trans, brake lines & fuel lines.  After we mounted the tub and did all the
tweaking to be sure it all fit I put the radiator, hoses & steering column
on at the body shop just before we added the front apron.

Now its, carbs, master cylinders & pedals, dash, instruments, wiring harness
& lights.  My intent is to drive it for 100 miles completely stripped of
interior, save for an old seat before trimming it out with all the pretty
red leather and wool.

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO (in buckets, for sale... anyone?)