[TR] Early TR4 windshield cap and cockpit trim

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Thu May 14 22:58:18 MDT 2009

----- "Geo Hahn" <ahwahnee18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm not at home so I can't try this but wouldn't a decent magnet have
> some
> attraction when offerred to a non-ferrous capping that is mounted to
> the
> steel body?

I thought of that.  I took one of the words from a Magnetic Poetry set (this word is "ride", which is strangely appropriate) and put it in the groove for the top.  Magnet was held UP away from the steel body.

CT2846L is definitely sporting a windshield cap which is chrome-plated steel.  It is easily the nicest piece of chrome on the car.  Surround on the back of he cockpit (to which the top or tonneau is lift-the-dot fastened) appears to be aluminum.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L   1979 Caterham 7
1993 Suburban  1994 Miata C-package  2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
http://www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk
http://forum.mnautox.com/forums   http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier