[TR] Paint/restoration shops in Seattle

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Thu May 14 17:11:31 MDT 2009

Listers,
   I am contemplating a new paint job for the TR4.  Can anyone recommend a good body/paint/restoration shop in the Seattle area?  The car does not need much body work (if any); just a good frame-on sanding and re-painting.
   If it makes a difference, I am more concerned about rust-proofing than concours perfection.

   The current color is Signal Red, which is not really my thing.  I also have no way of knowing whether it is the original color (body was pickled long ago, and also lost its commission and body number plates; currently wearing TR4A tags).
   I'd like to switch to BRG, but I doubt I could afford a full frame-on restoration, so I'd be stuck with a green car with red innards.  Also not really my thing.
   So, I'm considering option C, which is to go to a darker shade of red:  Carmine Red, which was used on the TR6 and other later cars.  Has anybody ever seen a TR4 in this color?

   Thanks!
-Nick
Seattle
'62-ish TR4