[TR] Early TR4 windshield cap and cockpit trim

Brad Kahler brad.kahler at 141.com
Thu May 14 14:06:16 MDT 2009

My 61 TR4 CT288L has the same chrome over brass trim strips.  Very
nice pieces, definitely better than the aluminum pieces on the follow
on cars.

Brad

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Q <hdrider570 at att.net> wrote:
> I have a set of these on my early TR4 CT1798L.  Unfortunately I am out of
town so I can not try the magnet test.

> There is definitely brass under the chrome as I have a couple of worn spots
on the cockpit surrounds.  Whether it is a plating or not I am not sure.
 Visually they look smoother than the aluminum pieces and generally don't have
the surface scratches that you get on the aluminum.  The chrome is shinier as
well as the anodizing has a bit of a matt finish.  They are much heavier as
well.

> Most aluminum cockpit surrounds have some bend damage at the B post from
catching on clothing.  The chrome ones are much stronger so the few I have
seen are undamaged.