[TR] Brakes vs. clutch

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Thu May 14 10:51:35 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/14/2009 10:50:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
pethier at comcast.net writes:
> Almost simultaneously, the clutch master cylinder went out on the TR4 and
> the clutch slave cylinder went out in the Miata.

I'm sure it's related but I still haven't figured out how.  ;-)

> Amazingly, I didn't have to bleed the Miata after replacing the clutch
> slave.  Just jumping madly up and down on the clutch pedal self-bled the
> system.

That's pretty typical of clutches.  There is enough fluid movement to work
the air back up to the reservoir.  I've done it with Triumphs, Datsuns and
maybe some others but I don't recall.

Dave