[TR] TR3 Ignition Switch Tumble Replacement

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Wed May 13 21:40:59 MDT 2009

Hello List,

I bought the complete locks & handles kit from Moss and everything was going
fine until I tried to replace the tumbler in the ignition switch.  I poked a
screwdriver into the little hole and removed the old tumbler, the spring pin
was pretty shot, but the new tumbler will not go in all the way as the
spring pin seems to be preventing it from sliding into place.

Is there any way to retract the spring pin while you insert the tumbler then
release once it is in place?

Thanks,
Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO (in buckets, for sale... anyone?)