[TR] Moss motors

spook01 spook01 at comcast.net
Sun May 10 17:28:23 MDT 2009

Hi all,
I just had a nice note from Michael Grant over at Moss Motors.
You may recall that I had had a problem with a interior panel set Moss
produces and was dissatisfied with the way the sales order taker had handled
the return and argued with my distributor.
I was also dissatisfied with the kit itself as far as originality; the kit was
to fit my Triumph TR4.
In any event, the Moss folks have been very helpful, unlike the original guy,
and have taken care of me in a most satisfactory way.
In addition, they made me think them to be are car guys, ...not just parts
suppliers.
I was told that if anyone has a question about originality of a part, we
should contact them, and I attach part of the note received:

If you ever receive something from us that does not meet your expectations,
we'd like to hear about it.
Many people assume we know about the problems with a part, and either don't
care or probably won't do anything about it.
That is simply not the case. 99.99% of the time, we are simply unaware of the
problem and the only way we have a chance of fixing the problem for you (and
everybody else who orders the part) is if you let us know.

Any suggestions that you may have that will help us improve the quality of an
item, or improve the accuracy of the information we provide about a part are
always welcome. Many people find it convenient to use the
simple email form on the "Contact Us" page on the Moss website:
http://www.mossmotors.com/AboutMoss/ContactUs.aspx

If you prefer, you may call our Technical Services Department at 805-681-3411.
You will be connected to one of my three full time Techs.
So many people call us for help that we are often not able to answer the calls
as fast as we'd like, and you may be asked to leave a message. I apologize in
advance for the inconvenience. We will get back to you within 2 business days.
And you always have the option of sending an email directly to me, or call me.
Michael Grant, Product Manager

That squares it for me and I think this has turned from a case of real heart
burn into good customer service.
Best,
Ray