[TR] uni-syn vs synchrometer

Steven Newell steven at newellboys.net
Sat May 9 19:20:40 MDT 2009

oliver wrote:

> i had a uni-syn, and it worked fine.
> i unfortunately lent it to a friend (still a friend) who denies it.
> assuming i'm not senile and can still use one of these, does anyone
> have a preference of one over the other?

The original uni-syn's might have been super sweet but the reproductions
available now seem flimsy and unreliable. I'm not saying they can't do
the job. I like the syncrometer, which is well made and reads precisely
and reliably. If you don't mind a few extra dollars, get two and use one
on each carb for a truly synchonized reading.

Steven