[TR] Could use some help - Anyone got an extra TR4 crankshaft pulley??

Chris Simo ccsimonsen at gmail.com
Sat May 9 07:53:49 MDT 2009

I could use your help.

I was getting ready to head over to my Mom's house to take her to lunch in
the TR4.

Checked all the fluifs, topped up the oil,  and found the fan belt loose.

Belt looked bad.  When I came back to write the number down I bumped the
engine around until I could find the number and found the belt tight.

I figued a chunk was missing from the belt, but instead found a 2 to 3 inch
piece missing from the side of the pulley towards the engine.

Not sure how/why this happened other than age.

If anyone has an extra pulley they can part with,  please contact me off
list.

I consider myself quite lucky.
Last time I had driven the car was to the Gathering with the Triumph Club of
the Carolinas -  it was a 2.5 hour drive each way running 75 mph much of the
way.  I'm sure glad it did not get me on the way there or back.   By the way
- the Gathering was absolutely great!  fine weather and tons of British
cars.

Thanks very much.

Chris

63 TR4