[TR] Regarding Oil

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Thu May 7 13:47:23 MDT 2009

I think this topic has gone slightly off track.  There are plenty of  oils
out there that have 1200 ppm ZDDP and do not advertise an off road
restriction.  I am not able to find this "off road" valvoline stuff at my
distributor (NAPA) any longer.  I have never been able to understand why  the
oil
said "off road" in the first place, and did not say "do not use in a car
with
a catalytic converter"!  I have not seen the Brad Penn oils but can  someone
tell me if they warn against using in a car with a catalytic  converter?
How about the Moss Classic Car stuff?
If anyone has bought a catalytic converter lately ($$), I would think there
 is a tad of product liability.  My point being, in all this research I
have  not found one posting anywhere in which someone bitches about using the
oil and  it cost them dearly because their converter failed.
Could this be the first product that the general public has used with all
due awareness and common sense?
If so I think we should mark the calendar with ZDDP Day and have an annual
celebration and day off from work!
Whiskey for my men!!

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO
**************Big savings on Dellbs most popular laptops. Now starting at
$449!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222382499x1201454962/aol?redir=http
:%2F%2Fad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B214663472%3B36502367%3Bg)