[TR] upholstery, ZDDP, etc...

Arakelian, Peter arakelianp at mossmotors.com
Thu May 7 10:10:43 MDT 2009

OK, guys I'm here and I have my flame suit on...

Upholstery:  I have forwarded the concerns about welded vs. sewn seams
to my tech department.  On page A9 of the TR4 catalog we do say the
seams are sewn not heat sealed.  However in the body of the catalog and
on the web we do not - I will have that corrected.  Grandmother's sewing
machine?  Give me a break.  If the kit was not to your satisfaction Moss
should have taken it back no question - that is our policy, unless there
were some other issues involved with the condition of the kit that made
it unusable or it was purchased a very long time ago.  Also, if you
purchased through a distributor, they would have to give you credit and
we would credit them when they returned it.

ZDDP:  Moss carries oil with sufficient ZDDP concentrations and as well
as an additive to raise the concentration of ZDDP in the oil you are
currently using.  On the Moss web site there are links to extensive
articles on ZDDP from the part numbers 220-810 and 220-805.  Diesel oil
may have higher concentrations, but also has a lot more detergent.  It's
not just the zinc, but also the phosphates.  This was done to save
catalytic converters, so these additives and oils can only be used on
non-cat cars or you will clog your cat.

Brake tube:  "tube to go from the fluid resevour (sic) to my clutch
master cylinder and they sent me a piece of copper tubing for a
refrigerator"   What was done about it?  Did we take it back and send
you correct? The pipes on our shelf may look like copper tubing used in
a refrigerator, but they are not; they are the correct length and have
appropriate fittings.  They do need to be bent by the end user, however.

Peter Arakelian - 1971 TR6 Daily Driver