[TR] Regarding oil . . .

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Wed May 6 12:46:48 MDT 2009

Don,
Yes, sufficient ZDDP has been removed from most all modern oils to protect
the catalytic converters.  I did some checking just last week as I was ready
to fire up my newly re-built motor and found that Valvoline VR-1 20w-50
Racing oil has the needed levels if you don't want to go the additive route.
The target concentration that you are looking for is 1200ppm.
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (On the road in 2009!)
'59 TR-3A TS/64974 LO (in buckets, for sale... anyone?)