[TR] oil pressure with synthetic oil

Chip19474 at aol.com Chip19474 at aol.com
Wed May 6 06:57:41 MDT 2009

Jim,

Maybe you're seeing a combination of factors.......Mobil One is pretty good
 stuff (I use the 15W-50 in my TR6 with good results) and a little pricey
to  drain out without examining another possibility.  Assuming that your
engine  is reasonably "tight" and that you may have been using a
non-synthetic
20W-50 previously, is it possible that you're seeing the oil light
flickering because your oil pressure switch may be weak and is responding
inaccurately to a lower viscosity oil at idle?  If that idea doesn't play  out
and
you can't explain the flickering light any other way, then I would go  back
the previous oil selection (because it works well for you) and use the
Mobil One in your lawn tractor!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 5/5/2009 10:38:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,