[TR] TTACD Website updates

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Sat May 2 05:29:32 MDT 2009

Hi, Everyone

I'm going to be taking a few days off this coming week, so won't be at my keyboard to answer queries
any of you may have about developments for Triumph Trans-America.
There have been some updates on the site that you may not have noticed.
1. The Stag.
Joe Pawlak and the Worshipful Company of Busted Knucklers at ISOA have worked truly wondrous things
in bringing 'uncle jack' back into running order. Just LOOK at that paint finish!!!! At the time of
writing, while we don't have the very latest pix of the car with the lights and grille fitted (with
all the stuff that goes behind them) I'm sure you'll agree this car is amazing.
2. The Route page
Has been updated several times as news comes in from the Clubs about the plans they have for taking
part in the event. For those of you in Florida and especially within easy reach of Daytona Beach,
there are more comprehensive details about the START itself and what will be happening when things
get underway on 27th June.
3. Media Coverage.
It's also worth mentioning that interest is building in the UK - even though the event won't be
taking place there. Several UK clubs in Rotary International have also most generously pledged money
for all THREE non-profits which I feel is not only very generous but most commendable as well,
because many organisations and individuals only tend to support what's going on in the own
backyards. There's also additional coverage from a substantial regional newspaper and the link to
the article in question - published on 1st May, is already on the Home Page of the site.

In less than two months, we'll be on our way!

Cheers, Jonmac

Originator of The Triumph Trans-America Charity Drive 2009
www.triumphtransamerica.org.uk

An event for full TRIUMPH Enthusiast participation