[TR] Master Cylinder help part II - PDWA

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Fri May 1 07:16:50 MDT 2009

In a message dated 5/1/2009 3:23:18 AM Central Daylight Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
> While I'm not really disputing your point, Dave, I'd have to say I do see
> some utility in having both a warning light and a gauge.  The warning
> light
> hopefully grabs your attention immediately, instead of waiting for you to
> scan the gauges; while the gauge provides useful other information besides
> "do I have oil pressure".

I would agree with your assesment of the utility but for a near entry level
sports car that could be considered a luxury and seeing how much pressure
S-T was under to keep costs down they needed more justification for including
both.

30+ years later, we Triumph enthusiasts are not under the same pressure.
Which explains why the percentage of cars with overdrive transmissions has
skyrocketed.

Dave