[TR] Hylomar

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Mar 30 15:47:41 MST 2009

> Is Hylomar getting hard to find or is that a local issue.

Little of both, maybe.  Permatex was distributing it in the US, so every
corner store that carried Permatex products had it for awhile.  But Permatex
quit doing that, and it appears that most stores dropped it.  Even K-mart
had it for awhile, now I only see it at Harbor Freight.

> B  Is Super 300
> anything close?

I've never tried Super 300, but from the MSDS I would say no.  It looks to
be closer to Permatex #3 Aviation Form-A-Gasket, which in spite of the
"non-hardening" label, in fact sets up like rock over time.  I have
literally used a hammer & chisel to remove it.  I still use #3 in some
places, but not where I expect easy removal in the future.

Randall