[TR] Gasoline goop

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Mar 29 15:26:59 MST 2009

To date I've used Hylomar forB all gaskets that sees oil or gasoline.B  Works
perfect.B

However, am now fabricating a flange to adapt a modern Sunpro fuel tank
sending unit to the TR3A tank.B  The original rubber-type gasket under the
sending unit will be re-used and will be fine.B  But because the screw holes
on the Sunpro sending unit are a bit off kilter, I'll be putting a Plexiglass
cover on top in order to seal off the top end.B  To seal the top, I've made up
a carburetor-paper-type gasket.B

I'm sure Hylomar will probably work fine.B  The paper is going on a flat
surface of the Sunpro sender, and will be held in place by a flat surface of
the Plexiglass.B

Nevertheless, while I know silicone is out of the question, does anybody know
if there is something that fills gaps a bit better than Hylomar, yet is
impervious to gas?B  ...Short of those putty sticks that one must knead and
mold?

Doubt it, but thought I'd ask.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A

New HampshireB  (