[TR] New Top Installation

Robert Rochlin r_rochlin at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 28 17:01:47 MST 2009

Hi All,   I got a Robbbins Sunfast top from TRF. Rebuilt the frame and started
to reassemble the top a couple of days ago.  The Sunfast top seems to be of
excellent quality and the top frame is straight, but when I fit the top it
seems to not fit very well.  When the side windows and the section of top
between the side and rear windows is tensioned the rear window is slack, not
nice and tight.  The section of top between the rear and main bow is also
slack. I've only gotten as far as installing the rear stiffener and I' m sure
I did that correctly.  I didn't want to proceed unless I'm sure it's not a
problem with the top.      It seems as if the top doesn't fit correctly, but
I'm a novice at this top fitting stuff.  The top that came off fit perfectly.
I don't get it.  I'm hoping someone else has had anyone had the same
experience installing a Sunfast top and can offer some guidance.  As a last
resort I'll take it to a Robbins recommended installer, and let them have a
look at it.    Thanks.                               Bob Rochlin
72' TR6