[TR] Cardiff University group studying LBC ownership

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Thu Mar 26 15:14:07 MST 2009

> I was contacted by a group of Cardiff University business school students
> working on a project on the LBC market for TRs, MGs, Healeys and Morgans.
>
> They are interested in learning more about the motivations for buying and
> owning an LBC.
>
> Below are their brainstorming efforts...

Wow, I knew I was a strange cat, but *none* of those apply to me at all.

How about:

8) Saw the car, fell in love with a thing of beauty, started driving
   it and fell further in love with the visceral experience.

Bought my first TR3A when I was 17 and the car was almost 30.
Drove it every day (that it ran), had never seen one outside
of a book and had/have never joined a Brit Car club, never
had a family member or friend with one.  (In fact, my family
tried to talk me out of buying the little british "death trap")

Truth be told, at the time I bought the TR3A which was my second
choice because I couldn't afford my first choice, the Jag E-Type.

I've learned better since then.

Someday when I'm loaded with money to burn I'll still get a Jag,
but it'll then take second place to my Triumph.  :)

Dave