[TR] TR3A Heater Motor

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Mar 25 20:53:43 MST 2009

> Is there a spray that might work on these old
> things
> that can make the corrosion deposits a bit easier to clean up?B

There are purpose-made products that are not supposed to harm the old
lacquer, but I don't have any experiences with them.  Eg,
http://tinyurl.com/dj58x9

IMO the safe thing to do is clean up the brush and commutator area, but keep
any kind of solvents (or sharp objects) away from the windings.  The
electrons aren't that picky.

Oh, and "contact cleaner" is NOT appropriate for brushes or commutators
either.  It's designed to leave an oily film behind, which is suitable for
hand-operated sliding contacts, but not powered commutators.

Randall