[TR] Radio Constant Power Source

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Mar 25 10:29:00 MST 2009

In a message dated 3/25/2009 11:37:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
Harrymague at aol.com writes:
> Hi All.  I bought one of the RetroSound radios for my TR6.  I  originally
> wanted to just use the normal radio power lead.  My problem is  that is
> needs a
> constant 12V power source to work.  Anybody have a good  idea where to tap
> get the 12V that won't be seen?????  Thanks in  advance.

Since you have a 74 you have the power tap on the battery cable.  There are
three brown wires attached to it leaving one tab available four your radio.
But you will need a 3/8 QC push on connector which are kind of hard to find.
But that is the best spot for a high power amp.

One of those brown wires goes to the fuse block where it feeds the purple
wire circuit (fused).  There might be a spare 1/4 in tab on the fuse block that
you can use.

Be sure and fuse it with the manufacturer's recommended fuse.

Dave