[TR] Gas tank pads -TR2/3

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 19 15:54:05 MST 2009

> Wondering what others have used to replace the horse-hair (?) pads
> used under the TR2/3 gas tanks?

I used ordinary wool felt.  At the time, it was sold in the local hardware
store, but today you'd probably have to order from MMC or somebody.

>  Are there pads under both levels of
> the tank, or just under the wider section immediately behind the seats.

Sorry, it's been too long, I don't recall which way was which now.  And
possibly it depends on which tank you have (there were at least 3 different
tanks that ISTR didn't directly interchange).  But as I recall, the lowest
part of the tank hung in space while there was a "shelf" of sorts where the
weight was supported.  That shelf (and under the straps of course) is the
only place I used felt.

Randall