[TR] A Type OD Notched Drain Plug Tool

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Mar 15 06:07:58 MST 2009

>I grabbed the frame rail with one hand and really pulled on the wrench - the
pipe wrench came off the trans plugB  and my other hand slid up the frame rail
and nicely sliced 3 >fingers to the bone.B  Since the entire underside of my
TR4 is covered with oil and sand, that apparently kept the frame from rusting
over the years.

>It took me a good hour to pick all the sand out of the cuts,B  mostly due to
me getting woozy and having to sit down every couple of minutes. Apparently
I'm a wimp when it >comes to cleaning my own wounds and watchig bones and
parts as IB verified the operation of my finger parts.B  I was tougher and
more stupid thenB - Today - it would be a trip >to the doctor.B  I had no
business doctoring up that myself.

Thanks, Chris.B  Had a similar bone-slicing experience with a Datsun 2000
Roadster gas tank and a trip to the Emergency Room where a distracted doctor
kept pausing in the middle of his stitches to renew a rant about people on
Medicaid using Emergency Rooms instead of a primary care physician.B
Meanwhile, my son who was four back then, was scooting delightedly around the
area turning every knob he could find, lifting the lid on the bio-waste
bucket, and snooping in on the patient behind the next curtain.B

The doctor could have opined that the moon was bleu cheese yogart and I would
have nodded my head somberly in agreement.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire