[TR] TR3A Seat Rails

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Mar 13 16:47:09 MST 2009

When I rebuilt the car, I sourced two pair of used seat rails that had already been painted, installed them, and have driven on them for several years now.  Pulling up the seats and carpet this winter (oh, a garage!), I found they were already filming with rust.

I've removed them, electric bench-brushed them, and have painted them again, this time with POR-15.

Question:  what's the thought about taking a piece of bicycle inner tube and separating the seat rail from the floor pan.  The POR-15 ought to do it for the rails, but I haven't thus treated the floor pans.

Terry Smith, '59 Tr3A

New Hampshire