[TR] front spring bold

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 10 10:33:12 MST 2009

I remember putting threaded into the bolt........then putting a pip over the rod and bolt...........then using a nut on the threaded rod tightening it down against the pipe............which pulled the bolt  out.  worked great on one bolt.  the other was much more stubborn. had to use that contraption with an added puller of some kind (i forget what kind)lol.  which pulled against the frame.  even then it started bending a flange on the frame........eventuallly i did get that reinforced and continued the pressure.  It eventually came out but I had ruined the bolt.  I also found I had to buy a hardened steel threaded rod.  Conventional steel threaded rod just stripped right away although it did work on the initial easier to pull bolt.

The job takes some creativity and tinkering/experimentation.  Walking away spending time thinking before you fall asleep at night is also a good plan.LOL  I'm also doing a tr-3 frame up.  Good luck and it'll be fun exchanging information!!

gary n.

P.S.  I've done lots of cutting and welding/patching on the back clip body tub and going off for sand blasting tommorrow.