[TR] DOT 5 Brake Fluif

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Mar 4 12:49:11 MST 2009

In a message dated 3/4/2009 2:39:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Brian.L.Jones at gsk.com writes:

There  was some conflicting information about bleeding wheel sequence. Many
start  at the left rear, then right rear, left front, right front. There
was, in  the archive, a Triumph service note that stated this was the
correct  sequence for cars with drum brakes on the front. It also stated
that cars  with discs on the front should be bled starting with the front
left wheel,  but made no mention of the subsequent sequence. I cannot work
out why  there would be a change in sequence with discs.

I am not the best mechanic, but can hold my own.  All my life  (and it is
getting longer every day) I have bled brakes on the principal that  you bleed the
longest run of brake line first and move toward the  shortest.  On a TR 3 - 4
that would be left rear, right rear, left front,  right front, as the
junction of brake lines is on the right side of the  car.  On a TR6 that would be
right rear, left rear, right front, left  front.  I don't know why the type of
brakes would make a difference.   I am also aware that some think sequence does
not matter.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO