[TR] Triumphest/VTR info

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Tue Mar 3 14:02:41 MST 2009

In a message dated 3/3/2009 3:41:25 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
zoboherald at aol.com writes:

I happened across the statement in an issue of TVT; don't remember  which
one, but it was just
pre-number 100...so maybe four years  ago?

Yeah Andy,
OK, that sounds like something I would say, using the excuse that  stainless
was a difference in material. Honest Injun I was just trying to  be consistent
with what had happened in the past as I knew it. I was really  pissed when I
was whammed by a lot for my brand new stainless system  on the TR6. It cost me
first place. That was back in the days when  there really were no guidelines
for point deductions and you got your  scoresheets back at the banquet.

There was dang near a riot outside the banquet room as we all poured  over
our score sheets.  A bunch of us got nailed for radios.  I even  got nailed for
no shoulder harnesses in a 71 car.  A big deduction for a  very small and
fresh oil leak from my oil pressure line. I will never  forget it.  Soon after
George Rabey wrote the Concours Rules which I have  kept intact for the most
part.

Darrell